Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Come to Jesus


Matthew 11:28 (The Message) Lets Break It Down:

28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
In Him I find my peace. 


#1. Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion (rituals of man)? Then come to Jesus. Are you tired of doing your way and not getting good results? How about going to church just out of obligation, because that's the right thing to do? Or maybe you're going because you want everyone to think you have it all together? Or how about you're a believer going to church, or should I say, going through the motions of Christianity?

Well, whatever walk of life you are at right now, take a break. Evaluate where you are and ask yourself, Am I on the road to the good life or the stressed out life? Is it time you come to Jesus?

#2. I love when Jesus says, "Get away with me and you will recover life". See, it isn't necessarily that you haven't found your life, maybe we just got away from it. Lost it. Well, Jesus is saying that you can recover it. And one awesome thing about that is, he won't leave you where you left off at...he will keep pushing you to the better life. So get rid of all the distractions that are keeping you from getting focused.

#3. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.

Oh this is good. Walk with HIM, WORK with Him....WATCH HOW HE DOES IT? WOW, some of those words can be hard to swallow. Have you ever done something out of desperation? Well, when we go against the will of God, rub shoulders with him, or simply ignore the way he is telling us to go, we fall into those desperate times. We'll try to do anything to make something work out.

The best way, although not so easy, of living the good life is to simply Walk in God's ways, Work with him and the plans He has for us, and watch How he does it. How can I watch how He does it you might ask? Well, that's when we need to be in God's word. Look up the Life of Jesus in Matt. Mark, Luke, and John. There will be many examples there for you.

#4. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

This is good! Learn the Unforced rhythms of Grace. I like to think of GRACE as being my "Shout it out Pen". Grace removes the stain that makes me imperfect. Although we may never acheive that perfection, we sure can do the best we can and just accept God's Grace for our lives. So I say, don't just Learn Grace, ACCEPT it too.

And as it lists last, God is the God of Good Things to come. So anything that is put on you and comes with heaviness or confusion, it is NOT from God. Go in Peace. Follow Peace. Walk it out in Peace.

Be Blessed,

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment