Friday, May 31, 2013

We all have a story......this is part of mine.

This morning while I was getting ready for day in the usual hair and make up routine I was listening to
Pandora. The regular stations for me just didn't work for the mood I was in. I decided to look up Mandisa. There's somethin' about this girl. She can sing! I love hearing her music (which isn't all of the time) because it just hits you in the right place, your heart. So the music starts and it is a new song I haven't heard before. The name of the song is called "He Is With You". Wow, what a song. I had to stop putting my make up on and just stand there and hear the words. Hearing the song brought me to tears as I reflected on my life at one point. 4.5 years ago now  Hector was laid off from his long term position at a company. Our lives drastically changed. We went from always being the ones to help our friends and family in need to one day needing that same help. We went through so much disappointment, heartache, ups and downs, feeling like no one could understand what we were facing or where our next meal would come from. It seemed like no matter how hard we tried things would never work out in the end for us and we had to start all over. At times , it felt like we were all alone in this. I just couldn't understand why "we" were the ones going through all of that. After fighting to keep our home, the home we bought and moved in to two weeks before our 1st born came we were faced with another obstacle. Hector had a heart attack two weeks before his 40th birthday. We had taken more than two steps back. We were back right where we started. Working for yourself is a great blessing, but when you can't work it seems like a curse. He was out for a while so he could recover. Enough money wasn't coming in to make our payment on our new mortgage (we were the lucky ones who were able to get a modification). We weren't able to make our 1st payment with the bank and they foreclosed on us. I remember laying on the floor of our living room (because we had given our bed to our daughters so they could have a place to sleep on) and hearing a knock at the door. Hector woke up and answered it. It was the constable giving us a letter that we had 3 days to move out. My heart sank. I knew that time would come because we had done all we could do to try to save our home one more time. None of that worked. We had to get up and start packing up the house.

One thing you need to know is even in the midst of all the pain we were going through we never stop walking by faith. We never stopped believing that God had a bigger plan for us. We never stopped believing that we were destined for greatness. We kept serving, giving what ever we could whether in money or serving others. We knew when keep our eyes and heart set on Him every thing else WILL work out. He will not let us down. Never stop serving, giving, or trusting God. Sometimes it does feel like you are all alone. Let me reassure you that the Bible says in Hebrews that He WILL NEVER leave you nor  forsake you. Never.

As I began to pack up the dishes I had my music playing on my radio sitting on the counter. It was on  KLOVE and the song that came on was "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redman. That was another moment like today. I needed to hear that song, at that moment. I have heard it many times before but this time it was sung differently to me. It became my heart's cry to my Lord. The lyrics at the end say this,
 "Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You"

I remember vividly the moment I heard that bridge in the song and I stopped packing my dishes, become overwhelmed with tears, wondering Lord only you know where we are headed next, and lifting my hands up right there in my kitchen giving all I had to my Lord, my Provider. He always provided every thing we needed. He did it by people bringing us groceries just because, people inviting us to dinner, or unexpected checks in the mail. He did it.

Friends, let those words sink in today. Maybe you are reading this right now and only God knows exactly what you are going through. Maybe you feel like giving up. Maybe you feel like you are sinking. Is your marriage sinking? Is your job security sinking? Or are you sinking in failure in any other area of your life? Be encouraged today that God is truly with you. He has not left you. Call unto Him and He will hear you.

It has been about  a year and a half since that day and I am so thankful for the trials we went through to get to where we are today. God has miraculously brought increase to our lives through relationships we have with people that has set us up for success. Things only He can do for us he has done. My children are blessed and healthy. We are getting ready to move to a place I would not have imagined we would be moving to, and with another amazing church with people who love us. Most of all, we have remained believers in our faith and no one or no circumstance can ever take that a way from us.

If you are in need of someone to pray with you please know I am here for you. God loves you, He believes in you, and don't ever forget that He is for you!

He Is With You by Mandisa

In Him,
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment